- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g onions, sliced
- 1.3kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 125g smoked back bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 750ml vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- crusty bread rolls, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Stir to coat them with oil, then cover and cook them over a low heat for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin, bacon and cumin to the pan. Stir, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, raise the heat and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Purée the soup with a hand-held mixer or in a food processor. Season to taste, garnish with parsley and black pepper and serve, accompanied by a crusty bread roll, if…
View original post 2 more words